Monday, September 14, 2009

There's been a Homicide ...

Two days ago, the kids came screeching in with a *huge* caterpillar. I agreed that we could keep him, if they found enough sticks and leaves and some rocks to put in a box for him. They did. Megan was the most enthralled, and kept showing me how brave she was by picking him up.

I wish I had gotten a picture of their little "pet", because we had a homicide today. I suppose it would be considered "caterpillar slaughter", because it wasn't an intentional murder. Megan was holding him, and went to put him back, so she pinched him. Well, she squished him. She's heartbroken, and sitting outside with him, telling him to come back to life. It's actually quite sad.

She's mourning, and Noah's seething, saying that she shouldn't have killed him. Oh, such a sad day.

No comments:

Post a Comment