Sunday, November 1, 2009

Start of the Holiday Season!

Halloween isn't my favorite holiday, but I always love it. Mainly because it's the start of the Holiday Season. I can't tell you how excited I am that today is the first day of NOVEMBER! This means Thanksgiving, Christmas decorations, Christmas shopping, Christmas music, then Christmas and New Year. SO excited!

This Halloween was the second Halloween in 7 years that I missed trick or treating with my kids. The first time was when I was 157 months pregnant with Megan, and was too sore and tired to go anywhere. This year, I did something fun. I volunteered to be a monster in a haunted house put on by the community center nearby. For three nights I was not a mom or Midwife, I was a monster who got kicks out of scaring people. Hehe. It was a great deal of fun, and I'm sure I will be volunteering next year as well. For my time, I get three months free to the community center, which has a huge indoor swimming pool, a gym, aerobics classes, etc .... I realized though how old I am getting, when I am exhausted from being out every night until 10:30 or so. Haha. Last night I arrived home at about 12:30, after hanging out with a friend at IHOP for a while. It was fun!

The kids had a great time last night as well. Jeramy teamed up with a fellow Single-Dad-For-The-Night, and took the combined seven children trick or treating with another friend from work, with his wife and kids. They said they had fun, and certainly brought home a ton of candy.

Yesterday the kids and I decorated popcorn balls that my mom had shipped from the Popcorn Factory. See the pictures below. They loved doing this, and had a great time eating them as well. They were quite yummy.

Here on out I will be working on Christmas gifts, preparing to go back "home" to CA for Thanksgiving, and slowly picking up Christmas decorations so that my house can be brimming with Christmas by the time the month is over. ♥ Happy November!










No comments:

Post a Comment